These are the common faults and troubleshooting methods, Please get back to us and give us the feedback after all the steps are taken.
Unable to turn on
Step 1: Do a voltage test for battery, the normal value is between 2.5~4.8v.
- If voltage < 2.5V, you need to replace two new batteries. Customers in the US can purchase the battery at www.fotorgear.com.
- If batteries are fine and you can hear a beep when turning it on, that means the problem is issued by the motherboard. Please shoot the fault as a short video and contact us.
- If batteries are fine and no sound after turn on, please move to step 2
STEP 2: Double-check with the original SD card & blue power button.
- If there are any images or folders named by other languages, please delete them or rename them into English or Arabic numbers. If your Magilight boot up after rename files, that means your Magilight is totally fine.
- Insert the SD card and long press power button for over 5 seconds, if it boots up that means the issued caused by the power button loosens. Please shoot the fault as video and contact us.
- If long press can't boot it up, please move to step 3
STEP 3: Make sure no short circuit in your Magigliht.
- Long press the power button without SD card, If boot up that means the issued caused by SD card.
- Long press the blue power button after plugging out the connector wire that connects the LED stick, If boot up that means the issued caused by the LED light stick.
In addition, could you please provide us with the serial number of your Magilight.
Light stick unable to light up:
Step 1: Double-check with the connector wire that between the controller and light stick
- If you had the first generation Magilight, please check if the headphone jack is completely inserted.
- If you had a second generation Magilight, please note that after insertion of two ends of the connector wire, you will hear a click.
Step 2: Boot-up and Do a color mode test
- If light stick can work properly in color mode and cannot light up in file mode, that means the hardware is in good condition, the issued may be caused by the image in Mic-co SD card that has some errors.
- If light stick can only light up some part of the stick in color mode, the issued may be caused by LEDs. Please shoot the fault as a video and contact us.
- If light stick cannot light up in color mode or file mode, Please shoot the fault as video and contact us.
Unable to read image:
Step 1: Know more about requirements of Magilight
Please note that Magilight can only identify English and Arabic numbers; Please note that image must be saved as a 24-Bit BMP format; If any image or folder named by other languages or in other formats, that may cause fail light-up, restart or fail boot up.
Step 2: Test at least 3 images in your Magilight
- If your magilight can only read out some of the images, but some others are not, that means the hardware is in good condition, the issued may be caused by image or folder. Please modify the image or folder according to the above requirements.
- If any images in the SD card are unable to display, the issued may be caused by the error of the SD card. Please reformat your SD card, choose FAT default as the format. Then download the original images from the website below and put it to the formatted card;
- If reformat cannot solve your problem, Please shoot the fault as video and contact us.